In the aerospace and defence industries, you will find a particularly strictly regulated environment for the development of software compared to other industries due to the security relevance of the products. The products developed are planned and implemented as particularly safe, reliable and durable. Furthermore, high demands are placed on the robustness of the respective entire system. This applies to both the individual hardware and software used in multiple systems. At Proway, we face these challenges every day in every customer project. Our experts support you with their expertise on site as consultants and trainers. Depending on project requirements and customer expectations, we also implement complete projects on our own responsibility, also with possible participation of our offshore location, as a contract for work and services. The customer receives the result determined by him in quality, in time and at a previously agreed price.
For complex products such as modern aircraft or current weapon systems, an increasing number of implemented functions are realized as embedded software. There is an extensive list of limiting factors in the conception, development and operation of such systems.
Embedded systems work mostly under real-time conditions and partly in safety-critical functions. This results in high to very high demands on reliability and thus also on software quality. The execution of the implemented functions is mostly limited by low processor performance and minimal available memory. Furthermore, many of the required functions depend on the hardware used and must therefore be implemented individually.
Proway’s range of expertise and services can provide you with comprehensive support in the following areas:
- Requirements Management
- System Engineering for embedded systems
- Architecture and design of embedded software
- Development and Implementation
- System Integration
- Software and System Testing
- Project Management
- Software Test Management
Our team of experts has many years of experience in this industry as well as the required competencies to efficiently cast the requirements into concrete products. We would be pleased to support you in this or similar areas with our comprehensive competence. Proway offers flexible and pragmatic support options tailored to your specific needs.
Today, numerous technical systems can only be operated with the support of complex embedded systems integrated into an overall system – such as the numerous safety and support systems in a modern automobile or the extensive, safety-critical support and control systems in the aerospace industry.
Such systems are developed and implemented in the aerospace industry in accordance with the requirements of the RTCA DO 178 Standard. This is regarded as the standard for the development of avionics software but is also used in other industries and standards in modifications as a template for the development of safety-critical software. For many years, we at Proway have accompanied customers from the aerospace, defence, automotive and mechanical engineering industries in the realization of safety-critical and mostly embedded systems. Take advantage of our extensive experience in the development and implementation of the following key aspects of safety-critical systems and their software:
- Review of safety concepts and verification of safety-critical components and systems
- Development, specification and testing of safety requirements
- Implementation of functional safety methods and processes
- Identification of hazards according to seriousness, frequency and controllability
- Execution of safety assessments for suppliers
- Concept development for ensuring information security in technical systems
- Trainings and workshops according to the software development standard RTCA DO178
Our employees and project teams are always aware of the relevance and possible consequences of mistakes in their daily work, also due to their extensive experience in this environment. We attach particular importance to a comprehensive and working quality management system.
In sensitive and safety-relevant areas such as aerospace, it is essential to offer our customers processes with maximum quality assurance – which is why we are certified by Proway according to DIN EN 9100:2009 (SAE/AS 9100, JISQ 9100) and thus meet the worldwide quality standard of the aerospace industry.
Aviation companies such as Airbus, Boeing or Rolls Royce support this harmonized standard for quality assurance systems in the aerospace industry and require all suppliers and companies involved to provide complete proof of delivery capability and product know-how.
As a certified company, Proway is also registered in the international OASIS database of the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG). The basis for certification is a quality management system based on ISO 9001 that is tailored to the specific needs of the aerospace industry. During the certification process for DIN EN 9100:2009, the quality management systems are assessed, the requirements and quality systems are regulated and the quality protection models for development, design, production, assembly and maintenance are defined. The contents of DIN EN 9100:2009 concentrate on the sustainable development and testing of new products and processes – with this standard, a very high degree of quality of the products and processes can be proven even before the first use.
By implementing this quality requirement in everyday practice, Proway ensures the high quality of the service provided throughout. This is very important for us. We can support/perform the following topics:
- Selection of relevant processes and key aspects
- Targeted evaluation of processes via on-site audits
- Elaboration of concrete measures
- Development of optimal evaluation standards and key figures
- Support in certification according to recognized standards using maturity models
- Efficient analysis of model behaviour
- Organisation and preparation of workshops, reviews and audits
- Carrying out periodic assessments to ensure compliance and maintenance of the highest quality standards
- Structuring of processes
- Process-compliant approach (CMMI, EN ISO, …)
- Proof of quality and performance to customers
- Verification of process documentation with regard to completeness, consistency and comprehensibility
- Configuration and Requirement Management
Articularly in aviation, but also in other industries, reliability engineering is becoming more important and dominant every day. The main focus is on assessing and optimizing the reliability of technical systems. Among other things, the term “RAMS – Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety” has established itself as a technical term in the aerospace industry. RAMS objectives are among others:
- Proof of a low probability of failure
- Optimizing the reliability, availability, maintenance and safety of a product over its entire life cycle
- System improvement through reliability assessment
- Identification of critical components based on weak point analysis
- Optimization of the individual maintenance processes
- Obtaining planning values for the use of the product
- Gathering of know-how about the individual reliability features of the product
We would be pleased to support you in this important and critical environment with our knowledge in:
- Requirement Analysis
- Preparation of the necessary documentation for system security
- Performing safety assessments and preparing safety reports
- Preparation and monitoring of the Product Safety Plan
- Preparation and maintenance of the Hazard Protocol
- Review and release of planned design changes with regard to their impact on system security
- Performing functional, environmental and intrinsic Hazard Assessments (FHA & EIHA)